If you’ve had a serious medical issue, you’ve likely been referred to a specialist, even…
One of the most important offerings of PolicyStat’s Client Services is our help desk (more commonly known as Customer Support). In early November 2009, we set a goal to significantly improve the customer support tools we provide for our clients. I researched the available products for several weeks – there are literally hundreds of products to choose from – but one of them stood out: Zendesk. I was looking for an application that would be easy to implement for just a few users and a few hundred clients, yet scalable enough to grow with our business. Given the client list of Zendesk, they seemed to fit the bill. They had a free trial option, so I signed up and never looked back.
So, why do I like Zendesk for managing our online support offering?
- Multiple entry points into one system (email, web, phone & and Twitter)
- Customizable look and feel (including automated messaging)
- Knowledgebase features which allow our clients to search for answers to their questions, view video training clips, learn more about our product and stay up-to-date on product changes
- Software-as-a-Service product – we are a SaaS company and believe strongly in that model
- Ability to integrate – create tickets automatically from within our product – we are working on that and they have Django integration
- Scalability – Groupon uses Zendesk, and they’ve just opened their one millionth ticket – wow!
What would I like to see improved?
- Ability to control/update user subscriptions to Community Forums – we use the community forums to announce system updates, but we have to manually subscribe new clients
- Some wysiwyg tools to customize front end/entry screen; you can customize with CSS but it is painful for the technically challenged like me
As a company on a steep growth curve, we are always looking to use tools and technologies that will not be outgrown if we double or triple in size each year – our customer system certainly qualifies, and Zendesk made that very easy for us.