Bakersfield Heart Hospital specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of heart and vascular disease, but also care for a wide range of other medical and surgical patients.
- The Bakersfield Heart Hospital facility includes:
- 47 Private inpatient beds
- 3 operating rooms with complete facilities for heart and vascular surgery
- 4 cardiac catheterization labs with 1 lab equipped for electrophysiology
- 11 outpatient surgery beds
- 8 bed emergency department
- Technologically advanced cardiovascular equipment
- Over 300 employees in addition to the medical staff
- Highly trained, caring clinical staff
- Over 20 of the leading cardiologists and cardiothoracic and vascular surgeons in Bakersfield
- Advanced patient monitoring system
- Online physician web access for easy medical record and test result retrieval.
- Previous CMS system was cost prohibitive and lacked configurability
- New system had to be easy to use
- User based vs contract based pricing model for cost consistency
- User friendly ad-hoc and repeatable reporting
- Track stages of contracts in contract lifecycle
After the decision was made to leave the previous vendor, BHH thoroughly evaluated several vendors and chose iContracts to help them migrate to a new and improved CMS system.
- Increase visibility through the organization
- Custom automated milestone reminders with ability to make changes on the fly
- Lower annual costs
- Improved support with instant access to updates and downloaded data (no 48 hour waiting period)
After a comprehensive and painless migration BHH was live after a 3 day on-site implementation. UCM has helped in the following ways:
- Migrated all contracts and documents
- Do not miss important milestones (Reminders & Expiring contract reports)
- Easier process of documenting all aspects of the contract life-cycle
- Ability to email directly from UCM with audit trail
- Frequent enhancements to UCM
- Automatic versioning and ability to group attachments in the contract container
- Ability to add & modify fields to meet current and future needs.